Welcome to Benow Hub! Use the category menu at the bottom to find resources for a range of themes to inspire and start conversation.
Project in Focus
- SOURCE FM community radio project – BENOW 2021Anne Bala, Source FM Radio Show presenter (Women Talking) has been the driving force behind the Radio project […]
- Electronic LassesElectronic Lasses; Music Recommendations Compilation for IWD at Fish Factory and Benow festival. ”Welcome to our project for […]
- Benow 2021 – resources coming soonWe are working to add all the resources (videos, practitioners’ profile, reading materials…) from the Festival 2021 to the website. You will have access to all those interesting things soon. […]
- BenowBenow is a Cornish adjective that means ‘female/feminine’. We have chosen this word to name the festival and the project because we like the idea of celebrating and nurturing everybody’s […]
- Coming Soon!Benow 2021 is on it’s way! Thank you for your patience while we reorganise the website and prepare the programme.
Benow is a Cornish adjective that means ‘female/feminine’. We have chosen this word to name the festival and the project because we like the idea of celebrating and nurturing everybody’s feminine side, regardless of the gender they identify as.
By chance, the word Benow is also a pun and can be read as Be-Now: a mindful invitation to fully focus on and live the present moment, an opportunity to be the best version of yourself in the here and now.
Benow is a festival of events, ideas, art, community and activism to explore and celebrate the culture of women. All welcome. We believe in the importance of conversations and connections, as a mean to promote change and improve people’s life.
Benow is also this digital hub for creative exchange, in which the culture of women is shared, co-curated and co-created. It is a community in which each person can find their voice. Where dialogues and conversations are the starting point for a shift in paradigm. A common ground to recognise and accept complexity, nurturing and developing resilience and a conscious approach to our own wellbeing.